The VAN Annual Conference Committee is proud to announce its request for proposals for workshop presenters’ for the 2016 conference, being held on Friday, June 24, 2016 at Cascadia College, 18345 Campus Way NE
Conference Theme: “Engagement: the Path to Healthy Communities”
This year we are looking forward to offering workshops presented by local volunteer management professionals and consultants that will engage participants and lend to the professional development and advancement of the volunteer program management sector. We invite you to join the 2016 conference team of professionals to present a workshop that will foster growth and add value to what we do as leaders in volunteer engagement. Our focus is to explore current industry standards and exciting innovations in the world of volunteer management!
The primary objective of the conference is to support and promote a powerful community of volunteer administration professionals, support professional development and enhance the vitality of the volunteer sector .
Volunteer Program Management professionals
PRESENTER GOALS (must align with the following):
- Support the professional development of volunteer administration professionals
- Align your workshop with the conference theme
- Offer a topic of value to conference participants
- Provide a quality conference experience
- Engage conference participants in peer to peer learning
We will consider presentations that provide the following:
- An appealing and relevant workshop title, description and content that speaks to the targeted audience;
- Workshop content for a 75 minute presentation;
- Practical and relevant information;
- Evidence of knowledge and skill in the subject area;
- If having a panel presentation – maximum of 2-3 panelists;
- Full workshop description and content.
Submitting A Workshop Proposal
Please submit your workshop proposal directly to Lisa Yeager at Lisay53@centurylink.net
- Proposal Deadline April 30, 2016
- Request for AV & Other Equipment May 30, 2016
- Conference: June 24, 2016
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
MATERIAL DUE BY: April 30, 2016
No honorarium provided, but speakers may attend the entire conference, and receive lunch, breakfast, and parking at no charge.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: Approved on a rolling basis