Volunteer Initiatives Manager
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work for a great non-profit organization doing important work in our community, please consider applying for the Volunteer Initiatives Manager position at United Way of King County.
This position works in the fast-paced Volunteer Center team, which is part of the Community Services department. The Volunteer Center connects people to meaningful volunteer opportunities and strengthens the ability of nonprofits to effectively engage volunteers to address community issues, plays a critical role in strengthening the volunteer management practices of local nonprofits and promotes the use of best practices through training, consulting, written resources and various communication vehicles.
- Design curriculum and deliver a series of volunteer resource management trainings (basics and advanced) to local nonprofits and United Way staff.
- Share volunteer engagement expertise to continually improve Volunteer Impact Partnership (VIP) activities and engage the community of VIP alumni organizations with United Way.
- Guide United Way’s volunteer engagement efforts, collaborating across teams to ensure volunteer management expectations are met and volunteer experiences are positive.
- Successfully manage nonprofit participation in Day of Caring, 1-day mobilization of 12,000 volunteers.
- Promote volunteerism and United Way’s role as the “go-to” place to connect to volunteer opportunities in the community and strengthen volunteer engagement at nonprofits and businesses.
- Excellent training and communication skills; conveys ideas verbally and in writing; presents clearly/concisely, listens actively and observes critically.
- Exceptional project management skills; “sees the big picture”, identifies steps to accomplish goals, monitors and implements a plan; adjusts actions or decisions.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills; ability to plan, analyze, and solve problems using a range of tools and data.
- Interpersonal skills; collaborates across teams, resolves conflict and negotiates consensus; advocates, influences and guides others.
- Lifelong learning; takes responsibility for own learning, uses information and technology; conducts research, reflects on and evaluates information, data and resources.
The Volunteer Initiatives Manager position is interesting, challenging and rewarding. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent/relevant experience, specializing in Human Resources, Communications, or a related field. Five years of professional volunteer engagement experience in a nonprofit or corporate environment is desirable. Must have experience designing and delivering training and proficiency with Microsoft Office at an intermediate level. Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) credential is a plus. The annual recruitment range is from $ 52,500 to $ 56,000.
Here are some reasons you should make United Way your next organization:
- Chance to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Culture of high performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Chance to help solve the community’s toughest problems
- Work-life balance including flexible work schedule
- Pay is competitive and is commensurate with demonstrated successful experience and performance
- Plus many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
How to Apply:
Don’t hesitate, take action and click on this link for more information about the position. This could be a great career move for you.
Closing date: May 13, 2014