VAN Conference “Embracing Change”
Friday, June 22, 2012, 8:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Lynnwood Convention Center, 3711 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036
Conference Kick-off Speaker– Nancy Macduff of Volunteer Today
The 2012 VAN conference will focus on innovation, application, and making connections! We will have two tracks available. One track will focus on Volunteer Management Basics, and the second track will be advanced training for the experienced volunteer manager. Here are some of the workshops you can expect:
- Roles of Volunteers: Supplement, Supplant, Support. What roles do your volunteers play?
- The Episodic Volunteer: One Size does not fit all!
- The Multiparadigm Model of Volunteering: Is the traditional Model of volunteering a dinosaur?
- Unique and creative projects for group volunteers panel.
- Volunteer Program Improvement Project panel – what we learned from an intense evaluation of our programs and changes we made!
- Effective management of hundreds of volunteers for your big event
- Capacity Building – How to increase volunteer engagement.
- Best Practices in Volunteer Management
Register by May 1 for the early bird price of $75, which will raise to $80. Fees include a hot breakfast, buffet lunch, and VAN membership, http://2012vanconference.eventbrite.com